Position Title: Volunteer Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Volunteer Services Manager
Term: January 11, 2016 – September 30, 2016, 12 hours per week, 4 hours per day.
- Assist Komen OC staff with mailings, filing, copying and data entry.
- Assist at the office's reception area.
- Answer phones as required throughout each shift.
- Respond to public inquiries regarding the Pink Tie Ball and the Race for the Cure.
- Coordinate Race for the Cure Merchandise Booth inventory and event preparation.
- Coordinate merchandise sales at Race Pre-Event Registration events.
- Lead Race Merchandise Booth set-up on September 24 and coordinate booth operations on Race day, September 26.
- Draft monthly Robly Volunteer e-newsletters.
Candidates must be age 21 or older and possess an interest in non-profit organizations, event planning, and/or office administration.
They must possess organizational and communication skills and be customer-service oriented.
Previous office experience is beneficial and must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Anticipated Time Commitment: 12 hours per week (over 3 days, 4 hours per shift)
About Susan G. Komen Orange County: Susan G. Komen for the Cure was established in Dallas in 1982 by Nancy Goodman Brinker, to honor the memory of her sister, Susan Goodman Komen, a mother of two who died of breast cancer at age 36. The organization’s mission is to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease by advancing research, education, screening and treatment. The Komen Foundation is one of the nation’s largest private providers of funds for breast cancer research and community programs; the organization has raised nearly $1.5 billion since its inception. The Orange County Affiliate was founded in 1991.
To Apply for this Volunteer Position: Mail or email your resume and cover letter to Susan G. Komen Orange County, 3191 A Airport Loop Dr., Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For information call Carolyn Spivak, Volunteer Services Manager at Ph: 714-957-9157 Ext 31.